This might be my absolute favorite mani. Ever. I did the newspaper/alchohol trick for the first time, and boy do I love it!
|Notice how the print is backwards?|
- I looked through the newspaper and cut out strips of print that I liked.
- I painted my nails this gray/biege/cream color by Color Club.
- I took the Q-tip, dipped it in the alcohol (mine was 50% isopropyl), and rubbed it all over my nail. I pretty much soaked my finger.
- I grabbed the newspaper strip, pressed the print onto my nail and just held it there for a few seconds.
- I peeled off the newspaper, gave my nail another rub with the alcohol (some paper stuck to it) and then put a top coat on once it was dry.
It took me a while to do each nail one by one, but I noticed that the print smeared off if I didn't paint it right away. Then I added some pink lips from my Bundle Monster plate and ta-da! I got me a love letter going!