About Me

My photo
Paint my nails, I'll live for a week. Show me to paint my nails, I'll take over the world!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fail (?)

Ok, so I had this idea: marble half the nail. Sounds good right?. . .yeeeaaahh, not really. Keep reading.
   First, my base colors were yellow and orange. The orange covered nicely, but the yellow looked a little streaky, even after two coats.

Streaky yellow. . .
     I've always liked alternating solid colors for my nails, and maybe I should have stopped here. Add one more coat of yellow, throw on top coat and call it a day. Or I could have stamped something on the nails. But no, I had try this:


     Ugh, what a mess. My fingers were covered in polish, and I used tape too. I was so disappointed, I decided I wasn't going to post them (that's why I didn't post yesterday). My nails may have been a failure, but I didn't want to bother repainting them. So after a good 15 minutes of clean-up:


     Huh, they didn't look as bad as I originally thought. Actually, the more I looked at them, the more they grew on me.  And I especially liked my left thumb.

This pattern turned out well!

My right hand didn't look too shabby either, although I had a few bubbles for some reason.


It's a little more obvious on the thumb:

See the bubbles?
All in all, I started off hating my manicure; it took me nearly half the day to like them, but I think they cleaned up well. I'm kinda glad I didn't redo my nails, they're sorta funky. I'm also glad I decided to post them today.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I don't know what you're talking about, I absolutely love it! Haven't seen this idea before anywhere and I read a lot of nail blogs! Love the colour combos and everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I guess it's not THAT bad after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really love this a lot, what a unique idea! I hope you don't mind if I totally steal the idea at some point! I am a MESS after I water marble, because I don't bother to tape/chap stick my fingers, I just try to clean them up at the end.

    ReplyDelete