About Me

My photo
Paint my nails, I'll live for a week. Show me to paint my nails, I'll take over the world!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I have hit the Motherload.

Ok, I'm about to hyperventilate. I have been eyeing Essie's Matte About You polish for a month (basically ever since I found out it existed on everyone else's blog). At my Ulta, the polish is 10 f*cking bucks. NO THANKS. I can't afford that. Guess what I saw today?!?!


$4.99?!?! YES!
Two bottles of polish for half the price of the bottle I wanted? Yeah, I snatched that baby up. Sweet! I don't even own a single bottle of Essie polish. Now I am the proud owner of two! I ended up buying ten bucks worth of stuff (I was originally there for some makeup) and used my $3.50 off of $10 coupon. I was elated.
     Then, I stopped by K-mart (yeah, apparently there's one left, and its near where I live) because they were having a sale on Wet n Wild polish (the cheapy stuff that's usually 79 to 99 cents). I bought 4 bottles and I paused when the cashier told me my total:


Total cost:  $1.08
She said "one-oh-eight." Oh. My. God. That's a quarter a bottle! As soon as I made it back to my car, I threw the stuff in the back seat and practically ran back into the store. I hoarded some more polish!


Yeah that's right- I bought another clear bottle
That cost $1.50. And I've been longing for these next bottles so much I sprung on them too- and they were buy one get one free!


Four for the price of two!
(cost me 4 bucks total
)
My total this second time came out to be less than 6 dollars. Holy sh*t. I have just doubled my polish collection for less than ten dollars (excluding the matte stuff). Needless to say, I now understand how you ladies feel when you get in a buttload of new polish. It's like a high. Let's hope I don't make a habit out of this.

18 comments:

  1. Yay for good deals! I feel the same way when I get new polish, especially if I got it cheaper than normal. The only essie I have is matte about you, I found it at a Target for seven dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, Target carries Matte About You? Was it a super Target or something? Mine doesn't even have a produce section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a Super Target. Most of them carry OPI and Essie but according to OPI Target isn't licensed to carry their products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a total bargain! I love the colours you picked. I've often wondered how some bloggers can afford SO many nail polishes when you see photos of their whole collection. Perhaps not all of them are rich after all ;) Sooo jealous right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Followed you back lol :P And skills! Cheap polish is always amazing. So jealous of Americans and their cheap cosmetics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would be following you right now but Google Friends Connect isn't allowing me to "This service is not availiable right now". Eff google. I'll keep trying though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Blodwen- I wonder how they can afford so many polishes too. I go crazy for the cheap stuff and they have the name brands I couldn't even dream of affording.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Serena- *raises eyebrow* really now? How weird. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay what a bargain! Do they have more packs of the Essie? I would LOVE this 9and maybe some wet and wilds) and could send you something from here in the UK if you would be interested in doing a lil swap?

    Marina xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. @beautyandthebeast- That was the only Essie pack I saw (maybe that's why it was on clearance), sorry. But I could get the Wet n Wilds for sure. I've never done a swap before though. How does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya, we set an amount say 10dollars, you pick something you want you have seen from the UK and I pick something I want from the US, we both buy each other the items then send it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh what a deal! I have been eying that essie matte set for a while... but its still $19.99!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the baby blue wet n' wild polish from your 4th photo, the one that says "Yeah that's right- I bought another clear bottle". I put it on my toes in the beginning of Sept. and I just had to use remover to get the last remnants of it off last night. And by "remnants", I mean whatever polish was left from growth. It NEVER comes off!! LOL And I'm a flip flop wearer until my toes are frozen in the winter. I live in them .. I was impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, I don't know if I should be excited or apprehensive. Lasting color could almost be bad! That's almost two months solid, whew! Did you enjoy the polish color (I'm going to guess yes)?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hard Candy (at most walmarts) has a matte topcoat that kicks some polish butt for 5 bucks. Just an FYI for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. No way. I've gotta check that out. (New haul time!) lol

    ReplyDelete